Justin Gatlin: “I Apologise For Any Wrongdoings Or Any Black Eyes I Brought Onto The Sport”

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #BreakingNews #ITVNews #UK #London #USA #SportsNews #JustinGatlin #WorldChampion #100Meters #Apology #DrugBans #Testosterone #IAAF

Controversial 100 metre world champion Justin Gatlin has made his first public apology about the furore caused by his doping bans, in an exclusive interview with ITV News.

The American also said the booing he received at this month’s London championships hurt, but helped motivate him to beat Usain Bolt.

The sprinter has served two drug bans and has received criticism for reportedly not showing remorse for his actions.

Gatlin was first banned in 2001 for taking a banned supplement for Attention Deficit Disorder, which he had been using since childhood.

He was given an early reinstatement by world athletics’ governing body the IAAF the following year who also accepted at the time that Gatlin had not cheated.

He was banned again in 2006 after testing positive for the steroid testosterone. Gatlin maintains to this day that this was as a result of sabotage by a disaffected member of his team.

*
Justin Gatlin gave an exclusive interview to ITV News Correspondent Steve Scott. Credit: ITV News

The American athlete says he wrote a letter of apology to the IAAF years ago – however he told ITV News Sports Editor Steve Scott that if people want a public apology then they can have one.

*
Jamaica’s Usain Bolt (left) and USA’s Justin Gatlin after the Men’s 100m Final. Credit: PA

“If they wanted an official apology, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I apologise for any wrongdoings or any black eyes I brought onto the sport, I love the sport that’s why I’ve come back to run and try to run to the best of my ability and for that I’ve worked hard to right my wrongs”.

Being presented with a gold medal for the 100m World Championships should have been a career highlight for Justin, instead it was marred with jeering and booing from the crowd in London, which the athlete admits “did hurt”.

He said: “It did hurt because I’m not there for myself, I’m up there for my country, I’m up there for my supporters, I didn’t do it for myself. Especially when I was at the starting line I wasn’t there for me. I was there for people back at home watching who weren’t able to come.

“Maybe the boos were for me but standing on the podium was for the people who have loved me and my country that I love,” said Gatlin.

*
Gold medalist Justin Gatlin stands between Christian Coleman (L) of the United States and bronze medalist Usain Bolt. Credit: PA

The American star said he had to overcome his concern about what people thought about him before he came back to running:

“I wanted people to respect me, to love me, to know that I’m a hard worker like anybody else.

“I felt like sometimes that fell on deaf ears, and it took away from my focus of being a runner because I was so consumed by what people would think about me and judging me, that I really had to just dial-in and just focus on being a runner and let natural talent do all the talking.”

There has been friendly rivalry between the much-loved Usain Bolt and the 35 year old throughout their careers but with Bolt now retiring, public forgiveness might be easier to come-by.

Gatlin is next due to compete at the Diamond League meeting in Zurich this week.

For more Sports news: Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back, and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology.
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

New 10 Pound Polymer Bill Will Enter Circulation On September 14 2017

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #BreakingNews #TheMirrorNews #UK #Finance #10PoundNote #JaneAusten #MarkCarney #BankOfEngland #WinchesterCathedral #PolymereBill #September14

On 18 July 2017 – the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen’s death – the new, plastic £10 note was formally unveiled.

Jane Austen died in Winchester in 1817 and is buried in the north aisle of the Cathedral. The new note “will recognise her universal appeal and enduring contribution to English literature”, Winchester Cathedral said in a statement concerning the launch.

Production of the new £10 polymer note began last August and the Bank Of England has already printed more than 275 million notes, but they’re will go into circulation on Thursday September 14th.

“There can be no better place to unveil the new £10 banknote, featuring Jane Austen, and there can be no better time than today, the 200th anniversary of her death,” Bank of England governor Mark Carney said at the launch.

 WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW £10 NOTE

  • The new note will enter circulation on Thursday September 14.
  • Production of the new £10 polymer note began last August and the Bank has already printed more than 275 million notes, but they’re not quite ready to launch yet.
  • The new note will be smaller than the current one – but larger than the new fiver. The size ratios will be the same as the ones between the old paper fiver and paper tenner.
  • It will be made of Polymer, the same materials as the new five pound note.
  • The new plastic £5 note sent collectors into a spin as they searched for special editions of the polymer bill – and history could well repeat in the autumn when the Jane Austen £10 hits cash machines across the country.
  • Collectors scrambled to pick up rare editions at the time – with low serial numbers selling for hundreds.
  • The Bank of England is currently looking into ways to make its new notes tallow-free. Saying it will “work closely with banknote polymer suppliers to determine what alternatives might be available”.

Source:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/new-10-pound-note-release-9034532

For more Breaking news: Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back, and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology.
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

 

The British Royal Navy in Portsmouth Welcomes “Big Liz” New State-Of-The-Art Aircraft Carrier.

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #BreakingNews #DailyStarNews #UK #Portsmouth #TheQueen #HMSQueenElizabeth #AircraftCarrier #RoyalNavy #65000Tonnes #NorthSea

HMS Queen Elizabeth is the Royal Navy’s colossal new aircraft carrier – weighing in a whopping 65,000 tonnes and measuring 920ft long.

The warship has been flexing its muscles in the North Sea as it undergoes sea trials – last week meeting up with US aircraft carrier USS George HW Bush.

Youtube video Published on Aug 15, 2017

People line the shore to watch as tug boats manoeuvre the 65,000-tonne British aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth into Portsmouth Harbour

Pictures courtesy of Dailystar

When fully armed, the ship will carry at least 40 aircraft and be crewed by 1,000 sailors.

Known as Big Liz, the ship cost £3.1 billion and is first in a new class of state-of-the-art warships for Britain.

This morning, Daily Star Online witnessed her sail into her home port for the first time as the Royal Navy welcomed her to Portsmouth.

The warship is bristling with 30mm cannons and a number of miniguns to fend off enemies.

She also has Phalanx launchers designed to blast away any anti-ship missiles.

New fighter jets the F-35B Lightning II will be packed onto the ship, along with a host of chopper including Chinooks and Apaches.

An aerial view of the HMS Queen Elizabeth arriving into Portsmouth

Pictures courtesy of Dailystar

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/637715/HMS-Queen-Elizabeth-Portsmouth-Aircraft-Carrier-Royal-Navy-Liz-Admiral-Time-Pictures-Sail

 

For more Breaking news: Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back, and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology.
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

67% Of Britons Oppose Camilla Becoming Queen

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #News  #ExpressNews  #UK #London# #DuchessOfCornwall #CamillaParkerBowles #PrinceCharles #PollResults #PrincessDiana #PrinceWilliam #PrinceHarry #RoyalFamily

Recent poll fund 67 percent of not support the Duchess of Cornwall taking the title when Charles becomes King, with just 19 percent believing she is fit for the role 
In a sign of the heir to the throne’s fragile popularity, more than a quarter, 27 per cent, said they thought less of Charles following the recent documentary about his ex-wife. 

Camilla

GETTY

67 per cent of poll voters do not want to see the Duchess of Cornwall become

Just eight per cent thought more of him.
The poor rating comes despite Clarence House’s efforts to rehabilitate the couple in the eyes of the public since they wed in 2005.Princes William and Harry proved far more popular in the survey, with Harry’s American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle regarded by most as a breath of fresh air for the monarchy.

Almost half of respondents thought more of the brothers for speaking out about their mother, showing that open-hearted Diana’s legacy lives on through her sons.

Tellingly, Camilla proved least popular with 35 to 44-year-olds – the generation who grew up with the Princess in the 1980s and came of age around the time she was killed in a Paris car crash on August 31, 1997.

Bodyguard recalls Diana’s suspicions about Charles and Camill

Three out of four people living in Wales – the title most closely associated with Diana, as the last Princess of Wales – oppose Camilla becoming Queen.
Last week a controversial Channel 4 documentary broadcast video footage of Diana from beyond the grave, laying bare the heartbreaking extent of Charles’s infidelity with Camilla.Filmed between 1992 and 1993 when she was 31 and had just separated from Charles, the Princess revealed how the adultery contributed to her bulimia because she did not feel she was good enough for the Royal Family.

The Sunday Express survey, carried out by Norstat last week, asked 2,018 UK-based adults aged 18 to over 65 a series of questions about the state of the monarchy.

Charles and Camilla proved more unpopular with women than men, with 17 per cent believing she should be Queen compared with 20 per cent of men.

Asked if they thought more or less of Charles following the recent revelations, 29 per cent of women said less, compared with 25 per cent of men.

Only eight per cent of adults thought more of him, with 64 per cent saying it made no difference.

GETTY

Only 19 per cent of voters supported Camilla becoming the queen when Charles becomes the king

Conversely, 48 per cent thought more of William and Harry for speaking out about their mother, despite reports that their “soul baring” had raised eyebrows behind Palace gates.In recent months, the Princes have spoken openly about how they have struggled to cope with their grief over their mother’s death when they were 15 and 12.

Both contributed to an ITV documentary last month in which they revealed the intimate details of their last telephone conversation with their beloved “Mummy”.

The documentary made no mention whatsoever of their father.

Just seven per cent of those questioned thought less of the brothers for sharing their emotions.

Younger people aged 18 to 24 were most supportive, with 58 per cent backing the outpouring of grief.

Fifty-four per cent of women thought they were better off for speaking out, compared with 41 per cent of men.

 

Princess Diana

GETTY

A documentary about Diana laid bare the heartbreaking extent of Charles’s infidelity with Camilla. Asked whether they thought Suits star Meghan, who has been dating Harry for a year, would be a positive addition to the Royal Family, 33 per cent said yes, while 17 per cent said no.Fifty per cent did not know.

 

The mixed-race divorcee proved more popular with men than women, with 35 per cent of males believing her to be a blessing for the monarchy compared with 32 per cent of females.

Forty-five per cent of 18 to 24 year olds saw her as a breath of fresh air, compared with 26 per cent of 55 to 64 year olds.

She was most liked in Northern Ireland, where 44 per cent of the population approved of her marrying into the House of Windsor, closely followed by Wales at 40 per cent and London at 37 per cent.

Scotland was most ambivalent, with just 22 per cent supporting her as a future royal.

While Meghan proved popular in Belfast and surrounding areas, Northern Ireland residents were most vehemently opposed to the idea of “Queen Camilla” with 74 per cent against her taking the title, compared with 71 per cent in Wales and the North West.

Londoners were the most supportive on 25 per cent, despite Kensington Palace being synonymous with Princess Diana.

 

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/840407/Camilla-Princess-Diana-death-Charles-Queen-Duchess-of-Cornwall-Harry-Charles-Meghan

 

For more Entertainment news: Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back, and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

Athletes Pull Out Of London 2017 World Championships Events, Due To Vomiting Bug.

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #BreakingNews #ITVNews #London #UK #SportsNews #WorldChampionship2017 #VomitingBug  #IrishHurdlerThomasBarr #IsaacMakwala

According to ITV news online, a number of athletes have been forced to pull out of events at the London 2017 World Championships after being struck down with gastroenteritis.

Botswana’s Isaac Makwala, a gold medal hopeful, had to withdraw from the 200m heats on Monday night after reportedly suffering food poisoning.

Irish hurdler Thomas Barr was also forced to pull out of his semi-finals after being struck down with the vomiting bug.

“I’m gutted…my whole year has been focused on the World Championships,” he said.

“Not being able to go out and compete…is beyond disappointing.”

Organisers of the World Championships confirmed other athletes staying at the same official hotel had also fallen ill.

A statement from London 2017 read: “There have been a number of cases of gastroenteritis reported by team members residing within one of the official team hotels for the World Championships.

“Those affected have been supported by both team and LOC (local organising committee) medical staff, in addition we have been working with Public Health England to ensure the situation is managed and contained.

“As a result, further advice and guidelines have been issued to team doctors and support staff – standard procedure for such an occurrence where a number of teams are occupying championship accommodation.”

Source: http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-08/world-championships-london-2017-number-of-athletes-struck-down-with-gastroenteritis/

For more sports news and updates on the London 2017 World Championships:

 

Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

Jinja Your Swagga At ★ ESCAPISM ★  LONDON’S MEGA AFROBEATS & BASHMENT ALLDAYER 20th August

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #EventPromotion #UK #London #EastLondon #Event #Music #ESCAPISM #AfroBeat #Bashment #AllDayer #20August #R&B #HipHop #Funky #Trap #Grime #Socca #Food #Drinks

Dont miss! 20th August 

★ ESCAPISM ★
LONDON’S MEGA AFROBEATS & BASHMENT ALLDAYER
> Sunday 20th August 2017 // 2pm – LATE

A selection of : AFRO BEATS & BASHMENT JUMPOFF MUSIC : R&B, HIP HOP, FUNKY, TRAP, GRIME, SOCA + MORE!!!!!
And many more + SPECIAL PERFORMANCES

★ Special Drinks Offer
★ Caribbean Food sale
★ African Cuisine on sale
★ Party & Vibes
★Free Rum cake and Rum drink on entry

ADMISSION:
> £1 Birthday Tickets *13th August – 23rd August*
> £15 BUY ONE GET ONE FREE Tickets (LADIES ONLY)
> £10 Standard
> £15 Final release tickets
> Tickets are are non-refundable and non-transferable

> No entry without ID
> Dress code: Casuall

LOCATION:

Secret venue, East London Location

FOR TICKETS VISIT:

 https://shoobs.com/events/20933/bookings

 

To advertise your event or function please email micstagesuk@gmail.com

Subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK

 

Social Media Firms Could Face Fines Of Up To £17 Million, Under New Data Protection Bill If They Breach Your “Right to Be Forgotten Online”.

#WeGotYourBack #WeGotItCovered #BreakingNews #ITVNews #UK # London #DataProtectionBill #SocialMedia #NewBill #Parliament #ErasePosts

Social media firms could face fines of up to £17 million under new laws aimed at guaranteeing people the “right to be forgotten” online.

Companies such as Facebook and Twitter will be required to delete information on children and adults when asked, new laws stipulate, as people look to erase social media posts from their childhood.

The Data Protection Bill will make it easier for people to control how firms use their personal details.

And the information watchdog would have the power to levy fines of up to £17 million for any breaches, according to proposals.

The bill will also require people to give explicit consent for their information to be collected online, rather than companies relying on pre-selected tick boxes.

 

Firms could be fined up to £17 million under the new legislation.
Firms could be fined up to £17 million under the new legislation. Credit: PA

Guarantees under new legislation:

  • Allow people to ask for their personal data held by companies to be erased.
  • Enable parents and guardians to give consent for their child’s data to be used.
  • Expand the definition of personal data to include IP addresses, internet cookies and DNA;
  • Make it easier and free for individuals to require an organisation reveal the personal data it holds on them.
  • Create new criminal offences to deter organisations from intentionally or recklessly creating situations where someone could be identified from anonymised data.

The bill was first announced in the Queen’s Speech in July, and will move through the Houses of Parliament when MPs return from the summer break in September.

Along with new powers, the legislation will bring the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation into domestic law.

Digital Minister Matt Hancock said: “Our measures are designed to support businesses in their use of data, and give consumers the confidence that their data is protected and those who misuse it will be held to account.

“The new Data Protection Bill will give us one of the most robust, yet dynamic, set of data laws in the world.

“It will give people more control over their data, require more consent for its use, and prepare Britain for Brexit.”

The Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham said she was pleased the Government had recognised the “importance of data protection”.

 

Source: http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-07/new-laws-to-strengthen-online-users-right-to-be-forgotten/

      For more breaking news subscribe, like, comment and Follow:

MicStagesUK
We got your back and we got it all covered! Bringing you the hottest tea as it spills.
We cover:  News, Entertainment, Fashion, Gossip, Sports, Business Advertising and  Technology
FACEBOOK: MICSTAGESUK TWITTER: @MicstagesUK