Android WiFi Password: Never Locked Out of a Network Again
Staying connected is more crucial than ever in this digital age. Our smartphones have become into a necessary tool for accessing information and communicating. WiFi networks are one of the most popular ways for our smartphones to access the internet. While joining a WiFi network is typically simple, we occasionally lose the password for a network that we have already joined.
You’ll feel happy to learn that there are a few approaches you may attempt if you’re wondering how to see WiFi password on Android. Let’s examine each of these approaches in greater detail:
Method 1: Using the Router Configuration Page
A web-based configuration page that many routers offer enables you to access a variety of options, including WiFi passwords. Follow these instructions to use this method to see the WiFi password.
- Join the WiFi network you wish to get the password for with your Android handset.
- On your device, launch a web browser, and type your router’s IP address into the address box. Usually, the router’s IP address is printed there or in the user guide.
- To access the router settings page, you must provide the login and password. Press Enter after entering the credentials.
- Go to the wireless settings or WiFi settings area after logging in. The Security or Encryption tab should be found.
- The WiFi password or passphrase is presented in the Security or Encryption page. The term could be shown as “Pre-Shared Key,” “Passphrase,” or “Wireless Key.” For future use, write down the password or copy it to your clipboard.
Method 2: Using a File Manager App
If your Android device is rooted, you can access system files and get the WiFi password by using a file manager program. This is how you do it:
- From the Google Play Store, download and install a file management app like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer.
- Launch the file management application and, if requested, give it root access.
- Access the device’s root directory, which is typically indicated by a forward slash (/).
- From the root directory, go to the /data/misc/wifi directory.
- You can locate a file called “wpa_supplicant.conf” in the “wifi” folder. Utilize a text editor to see the file.
- You can find a list of the networks your device has previously connected to inside the “wpa_supplicant.conf” file. Find the line that begins with “psk=” in the network that interests you. Your WiFi password is the text that follows “psk=”
Method 3: Using a Third-Party App
There are a number of third-party apps that can let you access saved WiFi passwords on your Android device that are available on the Google Play Store. Use this app by following these steps:
- On your Android device, launch the Google Play Store.
- Look for “WiFi Password Viewer” or an equivalent application.
- Download the app with positive ratings and reviews.
- Launch the application and give it the required rights.
- A list of WiFi networks that your smartphone has previously connected to, together with their passwords, will be shown by the program.
It might be annoying to forget your WiFi password, especially if you need to connect to the network right away. Fortunately, there are several ways to view the Android WiFi password, ranging from utilizing third-party apps to getting access to the router setup page.
Use strong passwords for your personal network and always ask permission before attempting to access someone else’s WiFi network. You won’t again have to be concerned about being locked out of a WiFi network again by using the strategies described in this article.
In conclusion, maintaining connectivity is critical in the current digital era, and WiFi networks are a key component of that connectedness. But it’s possible to forget the WiFi password frequently. You may quickly recover your Android WiFi password and maintain connectivity by utilizing the methods provided above.