The actor Jonathan Majors has accused his ex-girlfriend of abuse and filed a domestic violence complaint against her.
According to his defense attorney, the 33-year-old Creed actor says that his ex-partner Grace Jabbari attacked him, and the NYPD now has probable cause to detain her.
On March 25, Majors was detained in New York City on suspicion of domestic abuse. He was subsequently charged with numerous charges of assault and harassment.
His ex-girlfriend Jabbari reported to police that she had been assaulted and suffered “minor injuries to her head and neck” before being transported to the hospital.
According to a fresh NYPD domestic incident record and sworn statement obtained by Insider, Jabbari, who was “drunk and hysterical,” scratched and slapped Majors. On June 21, it was submitted.
Last week, Jonathan Majors traveled by foot from Manhattan to court. He has since submitted a fresh NYPD domestic incident report and sworn statement alleging that Jabbari, who was “drunk and hysterical,” scratched and slapped him.
There have been no more recent arrests, according to the NYPD.
Jonathan Majors is innocent and is probably the victim in this case, according to Majors’ defense attorney Priya Chaudhry, who made the following statement.
‘Mr. Majors met with the NYPD last week for the first time to provide them with proof of what actually transpired that evening.
After carefully examining the available evidence and completing their own thorough investigation, the NYPD quickly determined that there was enough evidence to detain Grace Jabbari for assaulting Jonathan Majors.
“In light of this development, we thank the NYPD detectives for their efforts,” the statement continued.
According to Insider, it is believed that a “incident card,” an electronic document instructing police to take Jabbari into custody, has been issued.
The Creed III star, 33, just this week made his first legal appearance since the alleged March assault.
Judge Rachel S. Pauley set the date of Majors’ trial for August 3 during the brief hearings. Majors was dressed in a brown suit jacket and took off his sunglasses.
He was with Meagan Good, his girlfriend.
The judge warned him that failure to appear for his trial or follow court orders might lead to his arrest, adding, “I obviously do not want that to happen.” Majors said, “Yes, your honor,” and the conflict was resolved.
Majors was also admonished by Judge Pauley not to have “any contact” with his accuser.
Majors had asserted that video and eyewitness testimony would establish his innocence.
Following his court appearance, his attorney issued a statement asking for the dismissal of all charges and urging the district attorney to “initiate proceedings against Ms. Jabbari, holding her accountable for her crimes.”
After these unfounded accusations, we gave the District Attorney proof of Mr. Majors’ innocence within a short period of time. We provided the district attorney with more convincing evidence last week that proved Grace Jabbari attacked Jonathan Majors, not the other way around.
The incident included a 30-year-old woman who reportedly claimed the actor had assaulted her, according to the NYPD.
A series of text messages from March claim that Jabbari physically assaulted Majors during the encounter.
She describes herself as the aggressor in the texts and expresses her desire for the Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp actor to avoid legal action.
When you receive this, please let me know, the girlfriend wrote. They confirmed to me that there will be no fees.
“When they saw the wounds on me and realized we had a fight, they said they had to arrest you as per policy.
I’m furious with them for doing it. I’m sorry you’re in this situation as well. Will see to it that nothing happens in this regard.
Around 9:30 p.m. a few hours later, she texted Majors once more to let him know she had another conversation with officials.
She stated in the text that she did not support any charges being filed and reiterated that this was not an attack.
Grabs of video that were submitted as evidence last month in a criminal court in New York appear to show the claimed aggressor being unharmed and out on the town following the purported altercation on March 25.
Jabbari reported that the altercation left her with a cut behind her ear and a broken right hand at the time in a criminal complaint.
Chaudhry also cited first-responder bodycam footage, claiming it depicts officers ‘coaching’ the woman through her narrative of the alleged assault. The clips Chaudhry cited show Jabbari clubbing and socializing in the hours after she said she was assaulted.
In a letter that was attached, Chaudhry stated: “Ms. Jabbari attacked Mr. Majors in the car and Mr. Majors did not strike or in any way harm her.”
Hours of security footage of Ms. Jabbari after she left the car demonstrates that she wasn’t hurt there, and most definitely not by Mr. Majors.
Since then, Majors has been dropped by both his public relations firm, The Lede Company, and his management firm, Entertainment 360.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Facing a $1 billion Lawsuit Over Binance Advertisements
- As Real Madrid Defeats Napoli, Bellingham Establishes a New Scoring Record
- Elon Musk Unleashes a Profane Attack Against X Advertisers
- Tesla has filed a Lawsuit Against Sweden as Strikes Continue to Disrupt the Supply Chain
- Philippines: World’s ‘saddest’ Elephant dies in Manila zoo