After teasing a gospel album last May, Snoop Dogg has delivered his godly effort, Bible Of Love.
Featuring a wide array of guests appearances, including Faith Evans, music legend Patti LaBelle, West Coast rap vet Daz Dillinger and Doggystyle Records’ signee October London, the soulful effort clocks in at 32 tracks.
It’s a hard left from The Doggfather’s latest offerings — Make American Crip Again and the 220EP — which were a return to Snoop’s gangsta rap roots.
Check out the Bible of Love album stream, cover art and tracklist below.
- Thank You Lord (Intro) f. Chris Bolton
- Love For God f. Uncle Chucc, The Zion Messengers & K-Ci
- Always Got Something To Say
- Defeated f. John P. Kee
- In The Name Of Jesus f. October London
- Going Home f. Uncle Chucc & The Zion Messengers
- Saved f. Faith Evans & 3rd Generation (Bereal Family)
- Sunshine Feel Good f. Kim Burrell
- Sunrise f. Sly Pyper
- Pure Gold f. The Clark Sisters
- Pain f. B Slade
- New Wave f. Mali Music
- On Time f. B Slade
- You f. Tye Tribbett
- One More Day f. Charlie Wilson
- Bible Of Love (Interlude)
- Come As You Are f. Marvin Sapp and Mary Mary
- Talk To God f. Mali Music and Kim Burrell
- Changed f. Isaac Carree & Jazze Pha
- Praise Him f. Soopafly
- Blessing Me Again f. Rance Allen
- Blessed & Highly Flavored (Remix) f. The Clark Sisters
- Unbelievable f. Ev3
- No One Else f. K-Ci
- Chizzle f. Sly Pyper & Daz Dillinger
- My God f. James Wright
- When It’s All Over f. Patti LaBelle
- Crown f. Tyrell Urquhart, Jazze Pha & Isaac Carree
- Call Him f. Fred Hammond
- Change The World f. John P. Kee
- Voices Of Praise
- Words Are Few f. B Slade
(The original version of this article was published on February 3, 2018 and can be found below.)
Snoop Dogg said this would happen. During an interview with Beats 1 Radio last May, the O.G. Long Beach rapper revealed he was working on a gospel album and now, we have a release date and title. According to iTunes, Bible of Love, Snoop’s 32-track double album will arrive on March 16.
To mark the occasion, the D-O-Double-G has unveiled the seven-minute album closer, “Words Are Few” featuring B. Slade, and an accompanying visual.
As Snoop explained to Beats 1 last year, “It’s always been on my heart. I just never got around to it because I always be doing ‘gangsta’ business or doing this or doing that. I just felt like it’s been on my heart too long. I need to do it now.”
On Thursday (February 1), Snoop made an appearance at the 19th annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration in Minnesota. While on stage, Snoop reportedly touched on the album and explained, “The record’s all about love from start to finish. That’s the way you change the world, by putting love in it.”
Snoop has reinvented himself a few times over the years. In 2013, he adopted the persona Snoop Lion and dropped a reggae album called Reincarnated. Most recently, he went back to his gangsta rap roots for Make America Crip Again, which he delivered last October.
Bible of Love features several guest vocalists, including Tye Tribbet, the Clark Sisters, Faith Evans and Rance Allen.
For more breaking news, subscribe, like, comment and follow: